Reality Check: You don't have to be a portion control freak to lose weight
The problem with announcing to your pals or the blogosphere that you are planning to lose weight is that you get a lot of stuff about how women shouldn't strive to be a size zero and all that gumpf. But when you say you want to lose weight mainly for health not vanity no one wants to hear it. So I just kept it buttoned and lost the weight. The fact is that I was overweight and now since I have lost fifteen pounds I feel a lot better and I am certainly nowhere near fitting into Posh's jeans. But the upside of doing it is truly amazing!! I have a lot of energy. Let's face it we are not meant to be lugging around fat. Sure I feel better because I can wear smaller sizes but the benefit is mainly, my complexion is much better and I just feel so much healthier. For me it was a case of getting out of the cycle of emotional eating. Yes I would feel better after quaffing a large mochachino with whipped cream but then an hour later I'd feel bad again, so what was the point? In the end I did it via diet plan Diet to Go and hope they will pick me to be their spokesperson!!
So I applaud celebrities who are slimming down in public - I mean can you think of anything more humilitating? I think most of them are doing it for their health and none of them seem to have gone too far. These are two ladies I am applauding:
Good for you Nigella! I'm sure she feels so much better now she has gone from a size 18 to a 12. According to reports, she lost the weight on the Clean and Lean plan.
Dawn French also recently shed four stone simply by "eating less and walking more." Dawn French also once said: “There are two types of women: the ones who like chocolate and complete bitches.” And I certainly hear you on this Dawn. But I have learnt that you don't have to have a huge bar of chocolate every day ... just on special occasions!
And if you can't afford pricey diet foods why not just join in with the twitter diet. Yes by following @laughitoff on twitter you join a supportive gang of dieting twitterers who will help you on your merry way!
Today I'm over on the Cocktails's Blog writing about The Perils of Petting - can your pets teach your kids vital life lessons like the facts of life? Do pop over and add your ten cents)
- Candice Swanepoel and Behati Prinsloo Play Ball
- Candice Swanepoel for Prabul Gurung Spring 2012
- Exuviance Skinrise Bionic Tonic Reveiw
- Nicole Scherzinger is out for Season Two of ‘X Fac...
- Gabrielle Wortman Debuts ‘VooDoo Love’
- Happy 31st Birthday! Justin Timberlake
- Dermaroller: Medik8 Dermaroller
- Meet Medik 8
- Candice Swanepoel in St Barts for Victoria Secret ...
- Special Wallpapers for Valentines Day
- Jason Wu for Target Launch
- Taylor Swift Style January 2012
- Elizabeth Olsen Covers ASOS Magazine February 2012...
- Gorgeous Irina Shayk Hairstyles
- Kim kardashian Hot Sizzling Dress
- 2012 SAG Awards Red Carpet: Worst Dressed
- 2012 SAG Awards Red Carpet: Best Dressed
- 2012 SAG Awards Red Carpet Best Dressed in Light a...
- 2012 SAG Awards Red Carpet: Best Dressed in Colour...
- How to use a Dermaroller
- Shakira Wallpapers and Photos
- First Trailer - Aamir Khan’s Talaash
- Miley Cyrus White Dress Photoshoot
- Genelia Dsouza Cute Wallpapers
- Public Slimdowns
- Madonna & Cee Lo Green Duet
- Kim Kardashian Red Hot Dress
- Louis Vuitton Spring Summer 2012 is Ice Cream Pret...
- Lara Stone for Calvin Klein Jeans 2012
- Candice Swanepoel for Vogue China in Urban Sports
- 36Magazine Vamps It Up
- Best Love Quotes (Display Pictures)
- 2012 Latest Fashion Photography
- Anne Hathaway Hot Wallpapers
- Elizabeth Banks in Emilio Pucci
- Alexa Chung Named Creative Director of Superga
- SA Model Katryn Kruger Opens and Closes Valentino ...
- David Beckham Covers UK Men's Health March 2012
- Evangeline Lilly HD Wallpaper
- Where's the Welsh Safety Valve?
- Nargis Fakhri Hot Wallpapers
- Sunny Leone at AVN Entertainment Expo 2012
- Lana de Rey. In London. On Complex Cover.
- Victoria for Victoria Beckham Trailer for Viral Vi...
- Michelle Obama in Barbara Tfank at State of the Un...
- Kate Moss for Mango By Terry Richardson
- Clarisonic Pro Sonic Skin Cleansing System
- Victoria Beckham for Japanese Numero Magazine
- Cameron Diaz for Versace and Dior in Paris
- Kirsten Dunst in Black & White
- Mia Wasikowska for Miu Miu Spring 2012
- W Magazine Best Performances
- Trend Alert: Leather Trousers
- Elizabeth Olsen One Year Later at Sundance Film Fe...
- Oscar de la Renta Spring/Summer 2012 Campaign
- 2012 Producers Guild Awards Red Carpet
- Celebs Twitter Pics This Week
- Celebrities Enjoying Snow
- Robert Pattinson GQ Russia Photoshoot
- Moment of Love (Photos)
- Ritesh Deshmukh and Genelia D'Souza Getting Marrie...
- Kelly Brook Hot Photoshoot Ever
- Selena Gomez Underwater Fragrance Shoot
- Rihanna & Coldplay Duet For 2012 Grammy Awards
- Kim Kardashian Dresses Fashion 2012
- Florence Welch's Vintage Swimwear Style
- Elizabeth Banks and Kyra Sedgwick at New York Scre...
- Carey Mulligan in Roland Mouret
- Kirsten Dunst in Yellow Stella McCartney and Rodar...
- Aestheticare at Celebrity Skin
- Jessica Chastain Shines in Monique Lhuillier
- Republicans and Dennis Skinner
- The Vanishing Kingdom
- Taylor Swift Covers US Vogue February 2012
- The Art of Elisium Heavan Gala
- Zooey Deschanel Covers Allure Magazine
- Rachel Bilson Raps Call Me Doctor
- Happy 27th Birthday Minissha Lamba
- Save Me – Shayne Ward
- Underworld Awakening 3D
- Laura Kaeppeler Miss America 2012
- Paula Patton At Golden Globe Awards
- Salma Hayek at 2012 Golden Globes
- Charlize Theron for Elle France
- Charlize Theron Covers W Magazine February 2012
- Charlize Theron in Alexander McQueen
- Megan & Liz Debut ‘Old School Love’
- Golden Globes (2012) Winners
- Vanessa Hudgens At 38th Annual People’s Choice Awa...
- Oprah Winfrey in Mumbai
- Holllywood Makeup Secret Lycogel
- Happy 30th Birthday Pitbull
- Celebrities and their look alike new and old lover...
- The Top 10 Blondes in Hollywood
- 17th Annual Critics' Choice Awards (Photos)
- Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony Reunite
- Madonna says Lady Gaga ripped off her song 'Expres...
- Jan Marini: Announcing the Nobel Prize
- Brad Pitt & Charlize Theron Grace W Magazine
- Veena Malik Hot Item Song "Channo"
- ▼ January (130)
- ► 2011 (872)
- ► 2010 (132)
- ► 2009 (55)