Prince William and Kate Visit America
Prince William and Kate are Coming to AmericaThe British are coming! The British are coming!
And many Americans can’t wait, as a matter of fact thousands of us watched these two tie the knot earlier this year.
Their trip to Canada and America has become all the talk.
Thinks people are talking about:
- Are the Beckhans going to let them stay at their place? - My answer or question to this…. Why? They can stay anywhere they want to stay. Pick a plush hotel and stay there. If the Beckhams want to host a dinner or something that’s ok, but please don’t stay there.
- How many parties are going to be thrown for them?
- Who are they going to bring with them?
Now I have no idea why anyone would care about this stuff but people do.
Well people know longer have to speculate because today we found out, as their official itinerary has been revealed for their eight-city Canadian and U.S. extravaganza.
This is the third time Prince William has visited Canada and the first time Kate has been to either Canada or the U.S.
The theme of their 2011 Royal Tour According to Clarence House is "'Moving Forward Together,' from past accomplishments to current service to future achievements."
What? you don’t give a name and theme to all of the vacations you take?
Anyway, there will be a more detailed itinerary available closer to the trip. However you can get an idea of where they are going to be so you can mark your calendars.
You can get a look at the UK’s new couple, the Duke and Duchess here:
- June 30-July 2: National Capital Region (Ottawa, Ontario and Gatineau, Quebec)
- July 2: Montreal
- July 3: Quebec City
- July 3-4: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- July 4: Summerside, Prince Edward Island
- July 4-6: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
- July 6-8: Calgary, Alberta
- July 8-10: Los Angeles
They will also appear at the Canada Day celebrations in the capital Ottawa on July 1.
Other Cities they will visit:
- Quebec City
- Summerside on Prince Edward Island
Almost everyone who is following the couple knows that they are planning on a three-day visit to Southern California from July 8-10.
This comes on the heels of their trip to Canada.
It is being said that the entourage is being kept down to an absolute minimum so as not to overwhelm Kate, the duchess.
They will only be accompanied by seven staff members:
- Kate's hairdresser James Pryce
- A private press secretary
- Assistant private secretary
- Two more press secretaries
- Prince Charles ' press secretary
- Also an adviser and aide to the couple, Sir David Manning
Here’s a much closer look at Prince William and Kate Middletons trip to the U.S:
- Friday, July 8: In the early evening the royal young couple land at LAX and head right to the Beverly Hilton for a reception in support of United Kingdom Trade and Investment.
Then go to the home of the government appointee who looks after British business interests and start-ups overseas for an evening reception with the Consular-General.
- Saturday, July 9: Prince William and Kate will visit Santa Barbara where Prince William will plays in a charity polo match to benefit the American Friends of the Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry.
Kate will have the honor of presenting the winning team's captain with the trophy.
They will return to Los Angeles in the evening for a black-tie dinner and reception at the newly-reopened Belasco Theatre downtown.
Since the event is being held by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, it is expected a red carpet filled with the best and brightest thesps from England.
It’s an evening that Nigel Lythgoe chairman of the BAFTA L.A. describs as "very special."
The event, which serves as the inaugural BAFTA Brits to Watch evening, will spotlight British talent from the worlds of:
- video games
There were only 42 up-and-coming Brits, selected by a BAFTA panel, will be chosen to meet with the royals and mingle with the rest of the Hollywood elite. This event is being put on as a joint venture with the British Consulate-General.
So who do you think will make the luck 42? Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
- Sunday, July 10: The couple will get some private time before heading out to the heart of L.A.'s Skid Row to the Inner-City Arts School.
Prince William and Kate will make one final stop before heading back home. They will be stopping in Culver City for a visit to Sony Studios to attend the Service Nation - Mission Serve job fair being put on for veterans.
America will be the final stop for Prince William and Kate during there trip to North America.
They will spend this part of their trip in Los Angeles and the surrounding area on a three-day official visit supporting Britain's interests in the US.