My wonderful brother has some insightful musings on Sufjan Stevens's new album:
The whole album deals with the personal and primal: love, sex, death, disease, illness, anxiety and suicide conveyed not obliquely, but with urgency and immediacy. Perhaps it is easier to speak of such things with a loud drum loop over the top.
- ► 2011 (872)
- Istanbul, Where the Cat's in the Bag
- Genius Day
- Time of the Month Tiger
- HAVE YOU SEEN THIS NUN?
- Swords, Ploughshares and Carriers Without Planes
- Ru on Sufjan
- Recipe For Mr Right
- Lighting Up the Screen
- Dennis Potter on Jesus
- Hard As Nails and Tough As Old Boots
- Forty-four Candles
- Countdown to Halloween
- Dear Mariella: Should I fondle my friend?
- Conversations with Hauerwas
- The Good News of Rebel Literature
- A Plea for Hope and Humility When Talking About He...
- Labour's Gamble
- ▼ October (17)
- ► 2009 (55)