Flog Yo Blog Friday
It's been a fairly uneventful week. On Wednesday my daughter Scarlett jumped off her bunkbed in the dark and sliced her forehead on the ceiling fan and ran down the stairs looking like something out of Hammer House of Horror and had me mopping up blood for a long time on a cut that turned out to be pretty small in the end thank god. My husband said she needed sugar for the shock, but I am pretty sure that is an irish thing (how can that possibly work?) He ended up giving her a bowl of icecream and I was pretty jealous. What about my shock? The shock of seeing a semi nude kid running down the stairs covered in blood? I did not receive any icecream, alas. She is fine but I think she has learnt her lesson there.
Other than that it is just the usual type of week: I got another parking ticket. I always park somewhere where it says 'no parking' and dash into a shop for five minutes figuring how attentive can these meter maids or whatever they're called really be? And almost every time I do that I get a ticket. Sod's law being that if you park illegally you will get a parking ticket within seconds. I know you'll tell me what did you think would happen but look, I'm cheap, I'm not paying a dollar just to run into the library to return some library books. It's just a case of sod's law (can you think of any other examples?) It's like wearing a cream suit while drinking a glass of red wine - nine times out of ten you will spill it on yourself as my mate Misssy M recently discovered.
Harry Kewell - no idea what team he plays for but that's hardly the point - Mrs Woog turned me on to him
Other than that I have been ogling semi-nude World Cup footballers whenever I have gotten a spare moment. Then I woke up this morning in the middle of a dream where I was in a jacuzzi with Harry Kewell and Glen Johnson although I'm pretty sure David Beckham was in there somewhere too .... and realized oh bugger me that it was the last day of the kids' school. So seeing as the kids will need me to entertain them I'm not sure how much I will be around. Oh goodness me .... how time does fly.
Anyway it's that time again - time for me to flog my blog. So do join in. This is what you need to do if you want to Flog your blog:
1. Follow my blog. (if you haven't already done so).
2. Grab my bubbly button and post it on your sidebar.
3. Link your First Name/Blog Name and URL below.
4. Add a short description (max of 125 chars). It could be a description of yourself, your blog or a teaser to your latest post.
5. Follow at least 1 linkyer/blogger (Pay it forward is the name of the game).
6. The list will be open for linkyers on Fridays
7. A new and fresh link list will open every Friday. And you will have to link up AGAIN. The previous link list does not carry over to the following week.
And lastly, have lotsa fun.
Carry on then...
- ► 2011 (872)
- The Edge of Brilliance
- Let the Party Begin!
- A Tale of Losers, Stoners and Little Blue Pills
- Flog Yo Blog Friday
- The World of Wedding Parties
- The Last Castle Before He Took the Vow
- Shirtless Monday
- The Penultimate Castle
- The Greek Tower
- Flog Yo Blog
- The Painters' House
- The President's Cigar
- Frog Hopper: Caption Competition
- The Mary Jones Walk
- A Sticky Jam
- Astounded by Budapest
- Oil on Troubled Waters
- Les French! Les Bastards!
- ▼ June (18)
- ► 2009 (55)